March 24th 2020 Veeam released the second version of its protection platform for Nutanix AHV.
v2 has deep integration into Veeam Backup & Replication v10. This is done by installing the Nutanix AHV Plug-in on your Veeam backup server. Once you have the plug-in installed, you can add a Nutanix AHV cluster, and deploy the AHV backup proxy via the Veeam Backup & Replication backup console. Review the video below for more on the steps for installation, configuration, and for some restore options.
- Centralized management
- Central deploy & upgrade proxies
- Job management allowing you to view, start/stop, disable jobs, and launch the the proxy web UI directly from Veeam Backup & Replication.
- License management
- VeeamZip support
- Restore improvements
- AHV file level recovery appliance
- Entire VM restore, allowing you to restore any workload to AHV including physical, virtual, and cloud servers.
- AHV native snapshots restores
- Instant VM recovery directly to VMware vSphere.
- AHV Backup Proxy enhancements
- Job options that allow you to create backup and snapshot only jobs on protection domains, with the added ability to take a scheduled active full.
- Backup job targets which now include deduplication appliances, and repositories backed with file systems that support block cloning,
- Global email notifications
- Enterprise Manager integration for file level recovery
- Veeam ONE support for backup reports with your AHV workloads.